March has arrived!
I for one am happy to say goodbye to January and February. As the weather gets warmer I look for literally any excuse to be outside with my family. I just feel like we are all better, happier people when we get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
So I am ready for winter to end and really can’t wait for the official arrival of spring.
Sunshine, rain, wind, warm weather, cool weather– each day of March keeps us guessing as to whether it’s going to be a lion or a lamb. It’s unpredictable. You never know what the weather will bring.
The new season also brings along with it many other changes besides just the weather; the days get longer, the smell of grilling fills the air, the amount of outside time increases, and family wardrobes need updating.
With that being said, I’ve recently taken stock of what I currently have for my kids as we get ready to head into spring. I’ve also realized that there are some must-have items my family still needs. I’m a planner, so I like to be prepared by making sure my kids have the things they need in advance, or at least TRY to be prepared! (Especially with how fast they seem to be growing. Good grief!)
So here is a list of Spring “must-haves” for boys and girls. I’ve even included a few items I think us Moms should have too!
Spring “Must- Have” Items for Boys and Girls
- rain boots
- rain jacket
- umbrella – kid size ones are great so they can hold them on their own*side-walk chalk
- lightweight jacket with a hood
- jean jacket
- fleece jacket – Columbia Fleeces are my favorites. They keep kids warm and wash up very well.
- tennis shoes – good for running, climbing, and getting dirty (maybe even 2 pairs)
- gardening tools & gloves
- jump rope
- miniature yard tools & toys (rake, bug net, lawnmower, etc.)
- water bottle – have to keep them hydrated with all the extra time outdoors
- play clothes – sole purpose to get dirty
- booster seat – we love eating dinner outside on the patio whenever we can and realized it’s much easier to have a portable booster seat so our son can reach the table!
- rompers – cute, comfy, and great for play!
- athletic clothes – easy to run, jump, roll…you name it!
- sandals – both dressy and flip flop style
- water shoes/CROCS – any type of shoes that get wet or muddy, but can easily be cleaned.
Spring “Must- Have” Items for Moms
- outdoor blanket – I keep one in the trunk of my car and we use it for impromptu park time, picnics, and days with friends! It doesn’t collect grass or dirt and can easily be washed!
- a cross body “hands free” bag/purse – a place to keep every little trinket you may need (Band-aids, wet wipes, Chapstick, snacks, etc.) but also allows BOTH hands to be free at all times, because every Mom knows you need all hands on deck. They say the go-to color this year is Yellow, which I can totally get on board with.
- travel umbrella
- a cute welcome mat for the front door
- water bottle – we have to make sure we stay hydrated too
- cute graphic T-shirts – because lets be honest, we can never have enough of these
- spring jacket
- classic sneakers/casual shoes
- comfy sandals
- joggers – these have recently become my newest obsession
- ankle crop jeans
Spring has sprung!! What are your spring must-haves for yourself and/or your kids?
Make sure you never miss out on a parenting or community-related blog post: sign up to receive Cedar Rapids Moms posts in your inbox. While you’re at it, join our VIP List to ensure you’re one of the first to know about upcoming Cedar Rapids Moms events and promotions!!