Are you ready for the best time of the year? The sun shines a little longer and the warmth of the day stays overnight. Chances are good there’s an ice-cream stain on my shirt while my toddler runs around with a sugar-high way past her bedtime. The days are spent outside and evenings are spent shaking your tail feather.
That’s right, it’s outdoor concert season! It’s definitely one of our favorite things to do as a family!
When: Friday nights May 3 – August 30 @ 6:00-8:00 pm
Where: NewBo City Market’s Bankers Trust Stage
The lineup changes weekly, but the fun never ends. Bring a comfy seat and good company and enjoy dinner under the stars from one of the amazing vendors in the marketplace. Sip on your favorite local beer or freshly made juice while the kids enjoy some outdoor games. Check them out on Facebook for event details.
When: Concerts on June 15 & 22, July 13, August 3 & 17. Times vary.
Where: Klopfenstein Amphitheater in Lowe Park, Marion
Outside food and beverage is allowed with limited concessions available for purchase. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets and enjoy a night out! Check out their schedule for other Saturday night activities including movies, picnic and bike rides.
A different theme each month during the summer. You will definitely find some fun here!
- Marion by Moonlight on Thursdays during June. Music starts at 6:30 pm.
- Marion Community Band Concerts on June and July (dates TBD) at 7 pm
- Marion Big Band “Swingin’ at Sunset” Concerts on Thursdays during July. Music starts at 7 pm.
- Uptown Getdown on Thursdays during August. Music starts at 6:30 pm.
When: May 9, June 13, July 18 & Aug 8 @ 6:00-8:00pm
Where: Lion Bridge Brewery
Indulge in some great local brews and food in this great outdoor atmosphere.
When: August 1, 8, 15 and 22 at 7 pm
Where: Noelridge Park & McGrath Auditorium (Aug 22)
Enjoy music while the kids play in the all-inclusive playground. Bring your own picnic and cooler!
When: Wednesday and Sundays, June 5 -August 4 @ 7:30pm
Where: Varies, check website for full calendar.
Our very own local band delights guests with various concerts throughout the summer. Check out their website for detail on venues. Note: cancellations due to weather will be done through social media and the KMRY Weather Line at 393-0500.
When: Sundays, June – August @ 3:00-6:00pm
Where: Sutliff Cider
Enjoy live local music and cider as you relax in the tasting room or on the patio at Sutliff Cider Company.
Other free music options:
- Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers’ Market on the first and third Saturdays of the month from May 25 – August 17, & September 21 from 7:30am-12:00pm
- Uptown Market in Marion on the second Saturdays on June-August from 8:00am-12:00pm
- Freedom Festival on June 20 – July 4 (might need to purchase button for admission)
- Czech Plus Band Summer Concert Series every other Friday at the Czech Village from May 17 – June 28 @ 7:00pm
- 34th Army Band Sidewinder’s Concert on June 30, 6:00-9:00pm @ Lowe Park Ampitheater
So, grab a lawn chair, a blanket, and a toddler who dances without inhibitions, and enjoy one of the many free outdoor concerts the Cedar Rapids area has to offer!
Make sure you never miss out on a parenting or community-related blog post: sign up to receive CRMB posts in your inbox. While you’re at it, join our VIP List to ensure you’re one of the first to know about upcoming Cedar Rapids Moms Blog events and promotions!!